Newmont’s Commitment to ESG Practices and the Achievement of Our Climate Targets
Focusing on leading environmental, social and governance practices has been a core part of Newmont’s values for more than 30 years. It is a key part of how we make investment decisions and central to our culture and purpose: to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining.
Our approach will include:
- Continuing to value robust governance and transparent reporting;
- Further expanding our mines from surface mines to underground mining operations;
- Examining the use of renewable energy projects, including wind and solar power, as well as the use of micro-grid technologies;
- Building further energy efficiency into our capital expenditures;
- Utilizing our extensive land position to support carbon offsets;
- Establishing targets and expectations of our partners and joint ventures.
At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. To learn more about Newmont’s sustainability strategy and initiatives, visit our sustainability page.