Here are pictures of my garden shed in various states of construction. The primary use of this structure was to house all our garden tools, the lawn mower, the wheelbarrow, scrap materials that needed protection from the elements, etc. We built the entire thing out of scrap materials, left overs from our home construction, reclaimed materials from my father-in-law's shed (which we deconstructed to make room for his new workshop), and a few materials from Lowe's which rang in at under $300. The vast majority of the money that was spent went towards the metal roof and the plastic roof on the well-house.
I used some spare pre-painted HardiPlank to make the front of the shed. We used the same blind-nailing siding technique that we used on the house, except that we didn't use any backing OSB on the shed (we just nailed the siding straight to the wall studs, which is apparently okay with the manufacturer even for home construction if you use a vapor barrier).
I placed the shed midway between the house and garden for obvious reasons, and because that happened to be where the well was and I wanted to build both of the structures together. You can see a glimpse of the garden to the back right of the picture below.
Here is the "finished" shed, complete with a bat-house. I am going to put something under it to collect the guano when/if we get any bats. They say "guano tea" is one of the best fertilizers. After doing some quick searching it seems that the majority of people that post on the internet about using "guano tea" are growing marijuana. Just to clarify: I am not.
My next job involving the shed (other than to finish painting the rear wall) is to clean up some of the mess that has begun to accumulate around it.
The following is a picture of the frame of the "well-house." Our well is actually under the garbage can and insulation. It is approximately 110 feet deep with around 30 feet of a water reservoir. We have a tank under the house that holds around 30-50 gallons (I can't remember exactly, it may be more than that), and it builds up natural pressure to a small degree even when the pump is turned off.
Below is a close-up of the somewhat completed well-house. Like the rest of the shed, I built this out of scraps, except for the roof. There is a little extra storage room on the right side of the enclosure, but I don't know what I might store there, maybe buckets or something...
Below is a close-up of the bat-house. Like I said in an earlier post, it isn't as high up as it is supposed to be (12 feet or so) but the shed itself is barely that tall at the peak. Even if we don't get any bats I think it looks kind of neat.
The next post will feature the two garden beds I made close to the house and the completed grow-light project. It will also have a picture of my sprouting tomato plants.